or make 4 interest-free payments of $216.25 AUD fortnightly with More info
• Large 3” sunlight-readable colour display for easy viewing
• Trigger an interactive SOS to the GEOS 24/7 search and rescue monitoring centre; two-way messaging via the 100% global Iridium satellite network (satellite subscription required)
• Preloaded Garmin TopoActive mapping for Australia and New Zealand with direct-to-device BirdsEye Satellite Imagery downloads (no annual subscription); includes multiple Global Navigation Satellite Systems (GNSS) support and navigation sensors
• Cellular connectivity lets you access Active Weather forecasts and Geocaching Live
• Compatible with the Garmin Explore website and app to help you manage waypoints, routes, activities and collections, use tracks and review trip data from the field
• Internal, rechargeable lithium battery provides up to 35 hours of battery life in 10-minute tracking mode; 200 hours in Expedition mode with 30-minute tracking intervals
The sturdy, button-operated GPSMAP 66i features a large 3” colour display you can see even in bright sunlight. If you’re out in the field for long stretches of time, you can turn on Expedition mode and get up to 200 hours of battery life while using inReach technology. In the default tracking mode, you get up to 35 hours of battery life, and your device will save your location every 10 minutes.
Staying in touch is vital, even on less challenging trips. Using inReach technology (subscription required), this handheld lets you trigger an SOS to the GEOS 24/7 emergency response team for interactive support in an emergency. It also enables two-way messaging and LiveTrack location sharing via the 100% global Iridium satellite network, so you can stay in contact with loved ones, teammates, headquarters and more.
GPSMAP 66i is fitted with the best in Garmin navigation. Preloaded Garmin TopoActive mapping for North and Central America provides detailed views of terrain contours, topographic elevations, summits, parks, coastlines, rivers, lakes and geographical points. Direct-to-device downloads of BirdsEye Satellite Imagery provide high-resolution photo-realistic views of your route, trailheads, clearings and more — without an annual subscription. Support for multi-GNSS combined with altimeter, barometer and compass navigation sensors lets you track and navigate in challenging environments.
Wireless Cellular connectivity lets you access Active Weather for up-to-date forecasts, including predictive maps for temperature, wind, precipitation and clouds — right on the handheld when connected to Garmin Connect Mobile.
The free Garmin Explore mobile app lets you plan, review and sync data, including waypoints, routes, activities and collections. Review completed activities while still in the field, even when you’re off the grid. The app also lets you sync your GPSMAP 66i with your compatible mobile device so you can access unlimited maps, aerial imagery and U.S. NOAA charts. You can even use all of the inReach features on your paired mobile device. For easier messaging, you can access your phone’s contact list from the Garmin Explore app to connect with fewer keystrokes. Plan for future trips and review previous activities from the Garmin Explore website. Some jurisdictions regulate or prohibit the use of satellite communications devices. It is the responsibility of the user to know and follow all applicable laws in the jurisdictions where the device is intended to be used.
|Physical dimensions||2.6” x 6.4” x 1.4” (6.6 x 16.3 x 3.5 cm)|
|Interface||high-speed USB and NMEA 0183 compatible|
|Display size||1.5"W x 2.5"H (3.8 x 6.3 cm); 3" diag (7.6 cm)|
|Display resolution||240 x 400 pixels|
8.5 oz (241 g)
|Display type||transflective color TFT|
|Battery||rechargeable, internal lithium-ion|
|Battery life||up to 35 hours at 10-minute tracking; up to 200 hours at 30-minute tracking (power save mode)|
|Track log||20,000 points, 250 saved gpx tracks, 300 saved fit activities|
|Preloaded maps||yes (topographic)|
|Storage and Power Capacity||microSD™ card (not included)|
|Ability to add maps||Yes|
|Sun and moon information||Yes|
|Automatic routing (turn by turn routing on roads)||Yes|
|Compass||Yes (tilt-compensated 3-axis)|
|Custom maps compatible||Yes|
|Garmin Connect™ compatible (online community where you analyze, categorize and share data)||Yes|